I was featured here!

They are talking about me at CraftGossip.com

Saturday 10 May 2014

New Starts and a DIY Dummy Clip

As seen on CraftGossip.com


Hi everyone!

It has been many months and a brand new baby later that I am returning to my blog. The past few months have been a whirlwind mommying a toddler, a bump, a C-section and countless diaper changes. Now with two kids out of my belly and finally settling into a routine, I've been able to return to MCW.

That is not to say that I was being a complete craft slob. There was the odd project I'm proud of. Details later.

But for now, here's what it is. DD two who has just turned 6 months is in a habit of dropping her binkies (dummies/soothers/pacifiers). So I trolled Amazon and can you believe, this little nifty gadget bit of string with a clip to keep the dummy from dropping costs a whopping £9.99!!!! (image below)



Well although I clicked and placed it into my checkout basket, try as I might, that thrifty niggle in my pointer wouldn't let me hit "Proceed to checkout". And I'm so glad because I came up with not one but a number of dummy clips in a matter of minutes. No sewing involved and with only my craft supplies at hand.

Wanna take a look? Here it is, dummy attached and all ...


And here it is again, being used in all its glory hahaha .... :D


The best part for me though is this - I can even use it during DD's bedtime without fear of choking. Because I have kept the length of ribbon quite short, if she loses the dummy while sleeping, the max it does is touch her ear. No fear of the ribbon tangling around baby's precious neck. You can even make it any colour to match the outfit/pram/mood! Total time - 3 minutes.

Supplies needed - 
  • A length of ribbon
  • Two snap studs
  • A snap-stud kit
  • A bulldog clip
Of course the baby and binky are inevitable :) 

Have you made something like this or did you try out this gadget? Post and let me know. Happy crafting!

P.S. This post was featured here on Craftgossip.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment